Big data analytics: Winners of the next decade
Why has Big Data Analytics a prominence importance among Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) firms and how to get started? Get inspired and find the answers in the article.
A shorter version of the original article was printed in DILForitering, Februar 2018, Årgang 55.
Posted 05/03 2018
17 SCM-eksperters bud på 2018
Partner Henrik Knak er én af de 17 adspurgte eksperter, som har givet sit bud på, hvilke trends der vil fylde i 2018. Blandet andet nævner Henrik top-5 udfordringer, som supply chain-lederen skal håndtere. Dog mener han, at de overordnede forudsætninger for at overkomme disse udfordringer er, at lederen formår at tænke holistisk og nedbryde silotankegangen. Hvilke top-5 udfordringer og virkemidler som Henrik præcist identificerer, og hvad de resterende eksperter mener, kan du læse mere om i artiklen. Derudover kan du også få inspiration til, hvordan du får slebet supply chain-knivene og bliver klar til resten af 2018.
Artiklen er trykt i SCM+LOGISTIK, 3. februar 2018, nr. 01 – 54. årgang
Posted 22/02 2018
Syncronic has received two of Computerworld’s awards
In Computerworld’s yearly survey of the “Top 100 best IT Companies in Denmark”, Syncronic was awarded as
- The best “SAP Integrator of the year” for the second time in a row
- Third best in the category of “IT Comet of the year”
We are very proud of these titles and will continue our dedicated work to make a difference for more clients in the future.
You can find a link for Computerworld’s Top 100 publication (in Danish) here
Posted 15/12 2017
S&OP-modenhed blandt danske virksomheder 2017
Hvilket modenhedsniveau er danske virksomheder på, når det drejer sig om Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP)? Hvad er barriererne for at udvikle processen? Og hvilke investeringer er påtænkt de næste tre år? Få svarene i vores undersøgelsesrapport lavet i samarbejde med DILF.
Posted 30/11 2017
Fremtidens Demand planning baserer sig på automatisering samt fokuserer på proaktive forbedringer
D. 1. og 3. November afholdt Syncronic morgenmøde om fremtidens demand planning for 50 supply chain profiler fra førende danske virksomheder.
Et gennemgående tema var skiftet fra manuel forecasting over til automatiseret og selvstyrende forecasting. Gentagne undersøgelser viser, at de mange manuelle procestrin og forecast ændringer de fleste virksomheder arbejder med i dag, risikerer at indbygge bias i forecastet og dermed reducerer nøjagtigheden sammenlignet med et automatiseret statistisk forecast. Dette kan undgås ved, at indføre en højere grad af automatisering samt, at arbejde målrettet med Forecast Value added og Proaktive improvement dashboards. Dermed ændrer man sit fokus fra reaktivt til proaktivt, og gør virksomheden mere effektiv, fleksibelt og agil. Første skrift er er lave et 360 graders Review af sit demand planning concept, inklusive en detaljeret analyse af Forecast benchmark, Forecastability samt Forcast value add.
Syncronic har udført sådanne 360 graders review for mange kundecases. Kunderne har især haft glæde af kataloget med konkrete initiativer, samt temperatur målingen på deres demand planning performance indenfor Struktur, Proces, Mennesker og Teknologi. Ring til Camilla Thuge Lund på 21 15 56 29, eller skriv på email@example.com og hør nærmere.
Posted 10/11 2017
Morgenmøde: “Fremtidens Demand Planning & Forecasting”
Hvad karakteriserer fremtidens Demand Planning, og hvordan kommer man derhen?
På dette morgenmøde præsenterer vi fremtidens Demand Planning proces, og ser på udvalgte begreber og principper. Som optakt til arrangementet vil alle deltagere skulle udfylde et spørgeskema om egen praksis på området, som der arbejdes videre med under mødet. Med udgangspunkt i Syncronic’s maturity model, samt deltagernes niveau diskuterer vi, hvilke actions man kan tage for at forbedre sin proces.
Læs mere om arrangement her
Posted 04/10 2017
Syncronic byder velkommen til…
Erik Fink Simonsen, der har en kandidat fra CBS i Business Administration and Organizational Communication, er ansat som konsulent i SAP Services. Her vil komme til at arbejde på mange af vores Supply Chain projekter på tværs af forretning of teknologi.
Christina Mansfeldt Rasmussen er ansat som studentermedhjælper og assisterer med opgaver i SAP Services, Business Consulting og Strategy Consulting. Christina er i gang med det sidste år på SCM-kandidaten på CBS.
Posted 22/09 2017
S&OP in Denmark Survey – Research Report released
86% of Danish companies are working with S&OP in 2017, compared to 56% in 2013. The survey revealed a medium maturity level for S&OP Process, People and Structure, whilst the Technology dimension is immature for most companies. What differentiates leaders from laggers, and how do industries differentiate? Read our research report and get inspiration to mature your own S&OP process
Posted 20/09 2017
Danish dynamite: Top-25 supply chain direktører 2017
Syncronic Management Consulting har via samarbejdet med foreningen AAASCM og Supply Chain Leaders Forum bidraget til at udvikle listen over de 25 bedste supply chain direktører i Danmark. Supply Chain Media og det anerkendte headhunter-firma Inspired-Search – begge fra Holland – har hjulpet med at identificere og rangere disse 25 dygtige ledere.
Her ses de fire faktorer og deres respektive underkriterier, som resulterede i én samlet score.
Læs hele analysen her: SCLF2017 Top-25 Supply Chain Ledere i Danmark
Posted 14/09 2017
Syncronic Management Consulting sponsorerer prisen til bedste danske supply chain direktør 2017
Senior Vice President for Devices & Supply Chain Management i Novo Nordisk A/S, Susanne Hundsbæk-Pedersen, vandt onsdag den 6. september 2017 SYNCRONIC prisen for ‘Best Supply Chain Executive in Denmark 2017’. Prisen blev givet ifm. dette års 6th Supply Chain Leaders Forum 2017 på CBS. CEO Lars Kissow fra Syncronic overrakte prisen, som bestod af et Åse Højer-kunstværk samt en SCM Problemanalyse.
Lars Kissow overrækker Susanne Hundsbæk-Pedersen SYNCRONIC prisen for bedste supply chain direktør i Danmark 2017. Han flankeres (fra venstre) af Associeret Professor på CBS Aseem Kinra, CEO for Supply Chain Media Martijn Lofvers, Partner i Syncronic Henrik Knak, Headhunter og co-Founder af Inspired-Search Oskar Verkamman, Formand for IDA Operations Management Peter Brønd, og Analytiker i Inspired-Search Christian Plesca
Læs mere om hele 6th Supply Chain Leaders Forum 2017 arrangementet her: SCLF2017 pressemeddelelse
Posted 13/09 2017
Highlights fra Next Level S&OP morgenmøde
Den 20-21. juni var 40 S&OP ledere fra store danske virksomheder samlet, i henholdsvis Århus & København, for at høre om hvad der ligger i en moden S&OP proces, diskutere hvordan man kommer derhen, samt se hvordan SAP IBP S&OP i praksis understøtter den modne S&OP proces.
I break out sessioner blev der ivrigt debatteret, hvad der opleves som de største barrierer for, at modne sin S&OP. De barrierer som deltagerne anså for at være de største var:
- Manglende fokus og forankring i ledelsen
- Silo tilgang
- Underliggende demand og supply proces er ikke afstemt
I forhold til hvad man kan gøre for at overkomme disse barrierer, blev der især talt om:
- Afholde executive envisioning workshop, for sammen at formulere visionen samt visualisere den konkrete business case
- Spille S&OP game, for at skabe forståelse for processen og dens udfordringer på tværs af organisationen i et uformelt miljø
- Foretage et 360 graders review af hele S&OP processen inklusive demand og supply planning, for at identificere svaghederne i den nuværende situation, sætte ambitionen for den fremtidige, samt etablere et Roadmap for modning af planlægningsprocesserne inklusive S&OP
Alle 3 områder er noget Syncronic har lang erfaring i at hjælpe virksomheder med.
Vores næste morgenmøde kommer til at omhandle Segmentet Planning Concepts, Demand Planning eller Inventory Optimization. Send os en mail på firstname.lastname@example.org, hvis du ønsker at blive skrevet på VIP listen til næste arrangement
Posted 18/08 2017
Sådan påvirker digitaliseringen S&OP
S&OP processen er den vigtigste tværfunktionelle proces i en virksomhed, men mange oplever modenhedsmæssigt at gå i stå på niveau 1 eller 2. Ud over organisatoriske tiltag, er manglende digitaliseringen den væsentligste årsag til manglende udvikling af S&OP processens performance. Artiklen gennemgår digital S&OP modenhed og relaterede trends. Artiklen er den første i en serie af tre om digitaliseringen af S&OP processen.
Læs vore nye artikel af Henrik Knak og lær mere.
Trykt i Dansk Indkøb og Logistik Forum blad, DILForientering Maj 2017 Årgang 54.
Posted 03/05 2017
Explore our new page on SAP S/4HANA
Explore our new page and learn more about SAP S/4HANA – SAP’s next-generation ERP.
Here you can also download our first S/4HANA one-pager on the subject: S/4HANA – Advanced planning.
Find the page and the one-pager here.
Posted 21/04 2017
New article published: “It’s time to revitalize your Planning Concept”
An introduction to why and how you should assess your current Planning Concept in a dynamic environment.
Posted 17/04 2017
What is next-level S&OP and how do you get there?
In June, Syncronic is hosting two events (in Danish) on this subject, one in Aarhus and one in Copenhagen. Learn more and see how to sign up here.
Posted 11/04 2017
22 Consultants are now trained in SAPs next-generation ERP – SAP S/4HANA
SAP Services, Syncronics department focusing on SAP, has held an internal hands-on session in SAP S/4HANA and we are proud to say that the majority of our SAP Consultants now are trained in SAP S/4HANA 1610. Our team of consultants are already working on several SAP S/4HANA implementations in Denmark, Germany and Switzerland. We see the demand is accelerating. If you are in doubt whether it is time for your company to perform an upgrade or you simply want to know more about SAP S/4HANA, please contact Ann Louise B. Thuesen, Partner and Head of SAP Services at email@example.com
Posted 08/04 2017
Business Consulting afholdt Morgenmøde på Nimb omkring Supply Chain Trends 2017 – Hvordan udvikler du fremtidens Supply Chain.
10 Supply Chain Topchefer fra danske virksomheder var samlet for at få et værdifuldt overblik over trends, samt til åben debat om hvilke strategiske initiativer, der bør stå på agendaen. De top 3 Initiativer, der samstemmende blev anset for de vigtigste, var:
1. Customer Journey mapping
2. Etablering af processer og systemer indenfor Advanced Analytics
3. Digitaliserings roadmap
Hvis du ønsker at blive skrevet på vores VIP liste for kommende arrangement, eller vide mere in Trends & Fremtidens Supply Chain kan du kontakte Camilla Thuge Lund, Partner Business Consulting på firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted 20/03 2017
New article published: 10 ways Customer Journey Mapping can improve Supply Chain performance
Get ideas and inspiration by reading our newest article on how customer journey mapping can improve supply chain performance.
Posted 12/03 2017
Read Henrik Knaks view on corporate readiness of supply chain digitization when he was asked by Korn Ferry and Supply Chain Media regarding this topic
Digitalization of society and digital supply chains are hot topics at the moment. Korn Ferry and Supply Chain Media asked me yesterday about my opinion regarding corporate readiness of supply chain digitization.
They asked for my feedback on the following two questions:
1. What are the main strategic and executional challenges for companies in supply chain digitization?
2. What should companies and supply chain professional do in the matter of supply chain digitization?
Here is my reply:
What are the main strategic and executional challenges for companies in supply chain digitization?
In my view, a Supply Chain Executive have three main strategic challenges:
1. Holistic approach: From a strategic point of view I experience that many companies across industries struggle with their holistic approach to digitalization of the entire company and their value chain, in particular how they prioritize their investments to get maximum value from digitalization for the overall company – often initiatives are sporadic, functional oriented and not orchestrated. For supply chain executives this affects especially some of the more cross-functional investments like S&OP, forecasting and analytics, product introductions and product/service innovation. Hence, for a Supply Chain Executive the main challenge is getting into the overall digital budget with investments that make the company overall more competitive by leveraging supply chain to increase the power of products and services options, and at the same time helps efficiency and agility of the supply chain to increase.
2. Critical rights: The second main strategic challenge is obviously to understand the opportunities at hand within supply chain, and selecting the ‘critical rights’. The competitive intensity and focus varies from one industry to another, and critical rights in e.g. Consumer Products will be quite different from Automotive or Construction. Even at sub-industry level the differences are substantial. In e.g. a food product company one of the critical rights may be a mobile app which integrates favorite recipes with actual purchase experience offering targeted discounts on available products that is about to expire. Helping to minimize food waist and getting discount might be the critical right that enables growth and at the same time minimize scrap – and feeds back into the replenishment cycle to secure zero out of shelf in the store. For e.g. an Automotive producer like Audi it might instead be internet-connected sensors enabling preventive maintenance and automatically inviting the owner for workshop service visits on demand – or in the parking lot while the car is not in use.
3. Mindset: Finally, the third main strategic challenge is grounded in the mindset of a Supply Chain Executive. Digital Supply Chain is still a new buzzword and content is constantly expanding. Big data and advanced analytics are one of the most promising digital levers to focus on in supply chain, though the mindset of Executives needs to leap out of the daily execution mode and tactical thinking leveraging traditional optimization focus, and into building Centers of Excellence with totally new skills: data mining experts, data scientists, modelling and simulation experts, analysts and so forth. Skills that functionally needs to embrace also commercial topics, e.g. customer segmentation and campaign management. This change in mindset – acquiring and leveraging completely new technology driven skills – is quite a strategic challenge for many Supply Chain Executives of the older generation.
What should companies and supply chain professional do in the matter of supply chain digitization?
In short, my recommendation would fall into three steps:
1. Customer-centric approach: Understand where your company is today with digital, and form a joint vision across executives and functions on how digitalization could be leveraged in the future – map and understand the customer journey first and make sure your vision is customer-centric.
2. Holistic opportunity map: Work structured and in a paced manner with inspiration, and develop a holistic opportunity map spanning as a minimum commercial and operations. If time and money permit – and depending on industry – also innovation and support functions should be included. If you are looking for truly disruptive options you need to think out of the box and not be limited by functions.
3. Prioritize initiatives: Once you have mapped the opportunities management should align on targets and define which parameters to prioritize on. Prioritize the opportunities and evaluate a couple of scenarios before your select the vital few and develop a roadmap for the coming 1-2 years. Revisit the roadmap from a holistic point of view minimum every 6 month as things tend to change fast in the digital domain.
Contact me if you have a digital challenge and need to get a clear path forward.
Henrik Knak, partner in strategy consulting and digitalization
+45 5354 6055 / hkn@Syncronic.com / @henrikknak
Posted 28/02 2017
Do your Performance Measures tell the true story of the success of your Strategy?
Read our new article on Performance Management where we give you insight on how to approach this critical subject.
Posted 01/02 2017
New colleague joining Strategy Consulting Practice
We are happy to inform you that on January 16, Zohreh Azimi will join us as a Consultant. She is an engineer with commercial sense and has practical experience from Velux, Othonia Curing Technology, SDU, ACN and working as an interpreter in three different languages. Beyond Danish, English and German, Zahra also speaks Persian (mother tongue) and Hindi/urdu.
She holds a MSc in Engineering from University of Southern Denmark (SDU) focusing on Product Development & Innovation.
Posted 11/01 2017
6th Supply Chain Leaders Forum 2017 @ CBS – Theme: ‘Digital Supply Chain 4.0’
On September 6th 2017 Syncronic and CBS will deliver the 6th Supply Chain Leaders Forum 2017 together with DTU, AAASCM, IDA, HorisontGruppen and SCM Media. This combined award show and conference will feature awards to the best SCM academics in Denmark across CBS and DTU, and to the Best Supply Chain Leader in Denmark 2017. SCM Media and an international headhunter company will facilitate the identification and nomination, and the winner will be selected by a board represented by peers, CBS and DTU professors, IDA and AAASCM.
During the award show and conference a number of Danish and international speakers will deliver exciting presentations on the topic Digital Supply Chain 4.0.
Platinum sponsors: IDA, Syncronic
Gold sponsor: GS1, RELEX, NEVI and other (TBC).
Date and time: September 6th, 2017 from 14:00 – 17:00 followed by a reception.
Location: Porcelænshaven, 2000 Frederiksberg (Copenhagen), Denmark.
Posted 09/01 2017
Explore the process steps and key functionalities of SAP IBP
SAP IBP is a next-generation planning application, powered by SAP HANA, that enables a truly integrated planning process.
Syncronic has used its experience to boil down the key messages of SAP IBP, which will be posted as five 1-pagers.
Get your copy today.
See Syncronic’s publication page.
Posted 20/12 2016
New article on Supply Chain trends and responses
Keeping yourself up to date on trends is a must for today’s Supply Chain professionals. This article presents today’s trends and how leading companies respond to these. An inspiration to define your own vision and strategic development roadmap for your Supply Chain.
See Syncronic’s publication page.
Posted 20/12 2016
We are happy to announce that Henrik Knak will join us
We are pleased to announce that Henrik Knak has joined Syncronic as partner. He has extensive experience working with supply chain management and strategy, and will mainly focus on the development and strengthening of our strategy services.
Join us and meet Henrik at our 10 year company anniversary on the 4th of November at Nimb’s Piano Bar in Copenhagen from 3 pm to 6 pm.
Posted 01/11 2016
10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY
Syncronic would like to invite all partners, customers, former employees, and anyone who is interested, to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. We will celebrate this milestone by having a reception at Nimb’s Piano bar in Copenhagen from 15.00 to 18.00 on November 4th.
Posted 27/10 2016
Do you trust your forecast or your gut feeling?
Companies tend to forget the Demand Planning process, when forecasting. This article focuses on Forecasting as an integrated part of Demand Planning and reflects Business Consulting’s approach to streamline and simplify the latter.
See Syncronic’s publication page.
Posted 26/10 2016
SAP-integrator of the year, 2016
In Computerworld’s yearly survey of the “Top 100 best IT Companies in Denmark”, Syncronic was awarded as the best “SAP Integrator of the year” (Top 3 SAP-integratorer).
We are very satisfied and proud of this title and will continue our dedicated work to make a difference for more clients in the future. You can find a link for Computerworld’s Top 100 publication (in Danish) here.
Posted 12/10 2016
Når business casen for IT investeringer ikke bare er varm luft!
How do you ensure benefit realisation, when implementing new IT systems? Read Søren Klinkby’s (Partner) answer to this and learn how to prepare your organization for IT projects.
See Syncronic’s publication page.
Posted 23/09 2016
New MRP course organized in cooperation between Syncronic and DILF
Get up to speed with Syncronic and DILF, follow the link for information about our course in MRP:
Posted 19/09 2016
Syncronic has a new course, where we focus on how to approach business problems applying a structured and fact based method including tools
What’s your approach to problem-solving? Our approach is fact-based and will enable you to identify root causes instead of symptoms.
Together with DILF – Danish Purchase & Logistics Forum, we have organized two courses:
Posted 13/09 2016
Would you treat a disease with painkillers or look at root causes? New article published in the Danish Purchase & Logistics Forum Magazine
Do you always make sure to adress the root causes when analyzing business problems or do you waste your time looking at symptoms? Find our contribution on this topic in the latest Magazine by DILF – Danish Purchase & Logistics Forum, issue 3.
See Syncronic’s publication page.
Posted 07/09 2016
Syncronic has published a new article about how to bridge the gap between strategy and operations
Do you need inspiration on how to link your strategy with day-to-day operations? Get inspired by our new article, where we present our approach and view on this topic.
See Syncronic’s publication page.
Posted 05/08 2016
Syncronic has the pleasure to welcome two new consultants
– Jakob Harms Østergaards has been working as student assistent for the last 7 months and will now join Syncronic full time.
He has proven him self to have a strong mindset within SCM combined with the right attitude towards challenges.
– Claus Brogaard is coming from a position at Novozymes, where he has been working with Global Demand Planning. Previously he has been working at Toms and PWC within Supply Chain Management.
Welcome to both of them!
Posted 01/08 2016
Our forecasting product ‘sophub’ is in the paper today
See more on Linkedin or read about sophub at www.sophub.com.
Posted 04/03 2016
New visual identity
As a part of our corporate visual identity strategy we have per 1st of January 2016 launched a new logo, home page and general visual identity.
Posted 22/01 2016
First to implement SAP IBP S&OP (powered by HANA) in the Nordic
Syncronic Management Consulting is the first company in the Nordic region to successfully implement SAP IBP S&OP. This was in a global company. SAP IBP, which is built on the HANA technology, is the future planning suite from SAP, and an area that we are taking Nordic consulting leadership on.
Read more: SAP Integrated Business Planning (IBP)
Posted 22/01 2016
Syncronic Business Consulting is looking for Senior Supply Chain Consultants
As our Business Consulting practise is growing, we are looking for experienced Supply Chain practitioners that can help serving our customers with supply chain projects and participate in further development of our practise. If you are interested, please check out the career section or the job add on Linked In.
Emil Jønson will join the Business Consulting practise as Business Consultant
From January 1st 2016; Emil Jønson will join the Business Consulting practise as Business Consultant. Emil is coming from a position within the SAP Service practise where his tasks over the last couple of years has been in the area of process improvement and optimization within Supply Chain.
New student helper will support the Business Consulting practise
Jakob Harms Østergaard is starting as student helper and will support the Business Consulting practise with various research and coordination tasks. Jakob is finishing his master from Copenhagen Business School by June 2016.
Jakob’s key expertises are: Value Chain Mapping, Process Optimization, Sourcing, and Sales & Operations Planning.
Host for an event on Forecasting and Sales & Operations Planning
Syncronic is the host for a knowledge boosting event on Forecasting and Sales & Operations Planning at Hotel Lautrup Park. At the event; Syncronic Business Consulting will present the key concepts within these important Supply Chain disciplines and Royal Unibrew will present their result from the joint project with Syncronic. Finally; there is a session on how to approach improvement and achieve results with the compliance formula. 20 of the largest Danish companies and 28 participant participated in this event. Would you like to be invited for future events, please send a mail to email@example.com.
Booklet from Syncronic Business Consulting
Syncronic Business Consulting has published the Booklet “Reflections of Supply Chain Excellence in the context of trends in the global business environment”. The Booklet presents an overview of global trends and their impact to Supply Chains. Furthermore; the book reveals the critical best practise concepts that addresses these trends and a method of how these concepts can be implemented in your business.
Søren Raun as new Principal Business Consultant
Syncronic has hired Søren Raun as Principal Business Consultant to strengthen it’s Business Consulting Practise. Søren Raun is coming from a position as Principal consultant within NNE Pharmaplan and has earlier worked for LEO Pharma, Carlsberg, Novozymes and Lundbeck. Søren brings extensive experience of management and performance improvement within Supply Chain Planning, Forecasting, Sales & Operations Planning and cross-organisational alignment.
New Business Consulting practise in Syncronic
Syncronic has established a Business Consulting practise to service existing and new customers looking to improve their Supply Chain Performance. Syncronic has hired Camilla Thuge Lund as Head of Business Consulting. Camilla Thuge Lund has earlier worked for Carlsberg UK, Carlsberg Breweries and PricewaterhouseCoopers and has +15 years of experience with Supply Chain Performance improvement.